You want to install Windows 11 without an Internet connection? It is possible! There is indeed a workaround that allows you to install Windows 11 without an Internet connection thanks to a simple command line. Here is how to do it.
- Microsoft now requires an Internet connection to install Windows 11Installing
- Windows 11 without an Internet connection
Microsoft Now Requires An Internet Connection to Install Windows 11
In addition to hardware requirements such as TPM 2.0 and a sufficiently recent processor, Microsoft now requires an Internet connection to install Windows 11.
If you do not have an Internet connection, you will get an error message from the installation wizard. It will then be impossible for you to complete the installation of Microsoft’s new operating system.
"It’s time to connect to a network. You need an Internet connection to continue configuring your device. Once connected, you will receive the latest features and security updates."
Previously, it was possible to ignore this requirement and continue installing Windows 11 offline with a local account. This new requirement has been imposed since build 22557 and above for Home (Family) and Pro (Professional) editions.
So, of course, this decision is not trivial. Microsoft simply wants more users to connect using a Microsoft account and no longer from a local account. No doubt a way for the firm to collect even more information about its users…
Fortunately, for those who do not have an Internet connection when installing Windows 11, there is a workaround. You will be able to finish the configuration of your device without an Internet connection, whether you want to install Windows 11 Professional or Windows 11 Home.
How to Install Windows 11 without an Internet Connection
To install Windows 11 without an Internet connection, follow these instructions carefully:
1. Start by booting your PC on the bootable Windows 11 USB key.
2. Then press any key to start the installation wizard.
3. Select the language, then click "Next".
4. To begin the installation of Windows 11, click on "Install Now".
5. At this point, you can click on "I don’t have a product key". You can activate Windows 11 later.
6. Select the version of Windows 11 you want to install.
7. Accept the terms of the contract.
8. At this point, click on "Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)".
9. Here, select the partition on which you want to install Windows 11. Of course, you can create a new partition if you haven’t already done so.
10. Select your country and click "Yes".
11. Choose the appropriate keyboard layout.
12. Then click "Ignore" if you do not need to add a second keyboard layout.
13. It is at this step that the installation wizard tells you that you need an Internet connection to finalize the configuration of your device. To bypass this requirement, press the Shift + F10 keys simultaneously.
14. From the Command Prompt window, type the following command and confirm with the Enter key.
15. Your PC will then restart and the ready-to-use experience (OOBE) will be displayed again.
16. You will notice that a new button has appeared: "I don’t have Internet". Click on it to continue.
17. Now click on "Continue with the limited installation".
18. Enter a name for your device, then click "Next".
19. Enter a password, then click on "Next".
20. Answer the three security questions, then click "Next".
✅ That’s it, you have just installed Windows 11 on your PC without an Internet connection.