You want to block a phone number on your iPhone, but you don’t know how to do it? Are you tired of hidden numbers calling you? In this article, we will see together how to block a number on your iPhone and how not to be disturbed by unknown numbers. Let’s go!
- Block a number on iPhone via the Phone application
- Block a contact on iPhone via the Settings application
- Unblock a number/contact on iPhone
- Block a hidden/unknown number on iPhone
Block a number on iPhone via the Phone application
Blocking a number on an iPhone is possible on devices running iOS 7 and later.
1. Start by launching the Phone application on your iPhone.
2. Then go to the "Recent" tab located at the bottom left of the screen.
3. Find the number you want to block, then on the right side of your phone screen, press the "i" (information) button.
4. Finally, press "Block this person". A confirmation message will appear asking you to confirm the blocking of the contact. Press "Block contact".
Once the phone number is blocked, you will not receive any phone calls, messages or FaceTime calls from the blocked contact. The number will then be added to your "Blocked Contacts" list.
Blocking a contact on iPhone via the Settings application
You can also block a contact on iPhone via the Settings application. However, note that this method only works if the phone number is listed in your contacts.
1. Start by launching the Settings application.
2. Scroll down and tap on "Phone".
3. Then go to "Blocked Contacts" and tap "Add…".
4. Finally, from the list of contacts, press the contact you want to block. The contact will then be automatically added to the list of blocked contacts on your iPhone.
Unblock a number/contact on iPhone
If for any reason you want to unblock a contact on your iPhone, proceed as follows:
1. Launch the Settings application.
2. Go to "Phone".
3. Tap "Blocked Contacts", then swipe left on the contact in question and tap "Unblock".
Block a hidden/unknown number on iPhone
If you receive a lot of hidden phone calls from marketing platforms (cold calling), you have the possibility to stop them. Indeed, on iPhone, an option has recently appeared allowing you to "block" masked or unknown numbers. However, note that the option is only available on iOS 13 or later versions.
1. Go to the Settings application again.
2. Scroll down and select "Phone".
3. Then tap on "Silent stranger calls".
4. Finally, activate the "Silent Unknown Calls" switch. This way, calls from unknown numbers will be silenced, sent to voicemail and displayed in the recent calls list. Your device will continue to give for incoming calls from your contacts, people you have called recently and those from Siri suggestions.
From now on, you won’t be bothered by unwanted calls on your iPhone.