You have just lost your iPhone? Even worse, your smartphone has been stolen? Don’t panic, Apple has everything planned! Indeed, you may have a chance to find your lost or stolen iPhone thanks to geolocation and the Locate application.
In this article, I explain you the whole procedure to geolocate your iPhone and finally get your hands on your precious Apple smartphone. Let’s go !
Locate my lost or stolen iPhone
As its name suggests, the Locate application allows you to locate a lost iOS device. From a simple web browser, you can locate and remotely control your iPhone. To do this, I invite you to follow the few steps below:
1. First, open your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) from any device (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, etc.).
2. Go to https://www.icloud.com/find/.
3. Log in with your Apple ID.
4. Then, from the "Locate my iPhone" page, click on "All my devices" and select your iPhone from the list.
5. You will see a dot on the map showing you exactly where your iPhone is. You can zoom in or out if needed using the "+" and "-" buttons located at the bottom right of the page.
6. All you have to do is search in the indicated area to find your iPhone. And when you are there, you can make your iPhone ring to find it more easily. To do this, simply click on "Make ring".
Moreover, you will also notice that two other buttons are available: "Lost Mode" and "Erase iPhone".
- The "Lost Mode" button allows you to remotely lock your iPhone with a passcode in order to protect your information. Also, it disables Apple Pay functionality and gives you the ability to enter a personalized message asking anyone who finds your lost device to contact you.
- The "Erase iPhone" button allows you to erase the entire contents of your iPhone. But be careful, if you choose this option, you will not be able to track its position.