Your iPhone is stuck on its screen and does not respond or does not turn on. Follow this complete tutorial and discover how to easily reset your locked iPhone.
It happens very often that your iPhone is stuck on a screen that no longer responds, a screen with the Apple logo, a black screen for example, a screen that restarts in a loop or that does not turn on. Especially when you are close to winning your game or while writing a message or a very important email, the screen of your iPhone suddenly freezes or turns off and you can’t do anything because of your blocked iPhone. We understand you completely at this moment. But wait! Here is a guide that offers you 7 different methods to reset your locked or jammed iPhone and save it permanently. An article not to be missed!
The different types of iPhone lock
As far as iPhone lockup is concerned, it is often a white screen locked on the apple at startup and a black screen locked in recovery mode with a message support.apple.com/iphone/restore as the pictures show. On the other hand, there is also the green screen and the screen that does not turn on.
Why your iPhone gets stuck
Indeed, the causes that eventually lead to the screen freezing on your iPhone remain varied, iTunes restore, an update problem, a jailbreak problem, as well as a hardware problem like a broken screen or physical problems, all of which will cause iPhone screen malfunction. So, follow the solutions provided below and choose the most appropriate one to reset your iPhone that remains locked/unlocked.
Basic methods to reset the locked or jammed iPhone
In this part you will find 5 methods for resetting an iPhone freezes, locks or does not turn on.
1. Force reboot to reset your locked iPhone
Restarting the iPhone when it is stuck or locked is always the first solution we think of. There is a direct and effective reset method in most situations, but due to many iPhone models, the steps to restart are different from one model to another.
- For an iPhone 8/X/XR/11/12/13: quickly press and release the volume + button then quickly press and release the volume – button then hold down the side button then release the side button when the Apple logo appears.
- For an iPhone 7/7 Plus/iPod touch: press the volume – button and the sleep button until the Apple logo appears.
- For iPhone 6s and earlier models: press the Standby button and the Home button until the Apple logo appears.
2. Restore a blocked or locked iPhone with iTunes
You can also reset your iPhone using iTunes, but keep in mind that such a process will erase all content on your device. If you don’t want to lose any data, do a sync or backup on iTunes before you take the following steps:
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes with a USB cable (Lightning is best)
- Click on the Phoneicon
- Select Summary
- Choose Restore iPhone
- Click on Restore to confirm the restore
Once the restore is complete, all the data on your iPhone will be erased as we said before and you will be able to configure it again.
3. Reset iPhone to factory settings without a computer
The easiest way to reset a blocked or locked iPhone is to reset it to factory settings. However, there is one drawback: it requires an unlock code to enter the Settings on your iPhone. Here are the steps to take:
- Go to Settings
- Click on General > Reset
- Touch Clear content and settings
4. Reset locked/locked iPhone via iCloud without code
Also, you can reset your locked iPhone via iCloud.com by erasing this device without having the lock screen password. This method allows you to perform the remote reset without a computer. Just like iTunes, such a way will erase all data on the device. Also, make sure you have already enabled the Locate My iPhone feature.
- Go to iCloud.com > Sign in with your Apple ID
- Tap on Locate
- Find your iPhone > Select Delete iPhone
Once the iPhone is wiped, you will be able to set it up and use it again. Because Locate my iPhone is enabled, iCloud lock will kick in and you need your Apple account password to unlock it. To avoid this potentially annoying situation, find out other following unlocking methods.
5. Restore iPhone with DFU mode
DFU recovery mode is a more thorough and effective recovery mode when you try to reset your locked iPhone. It should be noted that this method requires the installation of iTunes and your device will be formatted, reset, like new.
As with the reboot, the steps to get into DFU mode also differ depending on the iPhone model.
- For iPhone 8/X/XR/11/12/13: Press the volume + button then press the volume – button then hold down the side button until you see a black screen with a message support.apple.com/iphone/restore.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press the volume – button and the side button until you see the recovery mode screen
- For iPhone 6s and earlier models: Hold the Home button and the Power button until the recovery mode screen appears
After launching DFU recovery mode, connect your locked iPhone to iTunes and click Restore to reset it.
Reset your locked iPhone without code and without iTunes via AnyUnlock
AnyUnlock – Unlock iPhone is a tool that helps you reset a locked or blocked iPhone without the password and without iTunes. If you can’t remember the lock screen code that is required by iTunes and iCloud, AnyUnlock allows you to reset and unlock your frozen and locked iPhone. Besides, AnyUnlock – iPhone Unlock also helps you delete iCloud account and iTunes ID, and bypass MDM remotely.
READ ALSO How to easily reset a locked iPhone?
Follow the steps to reset your locked/locked iPhone:
- Download AnyUnlock – Unlock > Launch it
- Tap Unlock iPhone without code
- Click Start and AnyUnlock will download the corresponding firmware
- When the download is finished, click on Delete
- Wait a moment until the process is finished
Now your iPhone is unlocked and you can set it up!
Reset your locked iPhone without passcode using AnyFix in 1 click
A flagship all-in-one tool presented by iMobie, AnyFix allows you to reset your iPhone without password, repair iOS and iTunes system issues, update or downgrade iOS and enter or exit recovery mode without any data loss.
As for resetting a locked iPhone, AnyFix offers you 2 methods, if you have the unlock code, go for 1 click to reset, otherwise, choose Force reset and it will take a little time.
Here, we take 1 click to reset mode as an example, the steps are as follows:
- Download AnyFix and launch it
- Choose Reset iPhone without password
- Select 1 click to reset > Click Reset Now
- Reset in progress
- Once the reset is successful, an interface like the following is displayed
As you can see, there are still many methods to reset a locked or blocked iPhone. So far, you have already 7 of them! If the basic methods seem a bit complicated and you don’t remember the code or don’t want to lose data on your iPhone, we recommend you to use a professional third-party tool that helps you reset your locked iPhone with less time and more efficiency.